Monday, May 4, 2009

The First Year.....

This blog was started for my classroom but I thought I'd take a few minutes to reflect on the first year of teaching too. I'm always hearing that reflection is vital so here I am to reflect!!!

I have to say that overall it has been everything I thought it would be and more. It has been challenging everyday but it's also been extremely exhausting and frustrating at times. One of the most important things is to pace yourself. You cannot go full steam ahead without wearing out easily. Pace yourself one day at a time and make sure you get plenty of rest on the weekends. You will need those days to regroup. On those days, I advise doing something that is not at all related to school. It is harder than it seems because you want to do the best you can and give your best to your kids. You have to rest or you'll regret it.

More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment